I just made it through my first week back to work and wanted to spend a few moments reflecting back on the last three and a half months. So with apologies to the 18F project reflection template…
Goals for the last three months
- Turn a penis into a pussy
- Rest and heal, maintain my mental health.
- Keep my blood pressure low and minimize the loss of muscle tone and flexibility.
- integrate the new body part into my sense of self
Progress we’ve made towards our goals, and what’s contributed to that progress [in the last 3 months]
- Made it through surgery, advocated for my needs with my medical team during recovery.
- Made it through the first two months which had the worst pain of my life—successfully weaned myself off of pain medication.
- Established a sustainable dilation routine.
- Scheduled pelvic floor physical therapy
- Created a new morning routine that includes meditation and light...
Continue reading →